What is Student Leadership university
Student leadership university
Student Leadership University is a faith-based, experiential leadership-training program that empowers, enables and equips students to rise to the call of leadership and awaken their potential. A student leadership journey like none other, SLU offers unforgettable experiences that equip students to change the way they think, dream and lead, both today and for the rest of their lives.
SLU puts students in the ultimate classrooms around the U.S. and world, offering four progressive, cumulative experiences designed to grow students’ faith, teach them to lead and gain a vision for the future through a Christian worldview. Whether they go behind-the-scenes at Sea World, explore our Nation’s Capital, immerse themselves in history in Europe or walk where Jesus walked in Israel, at SLU, young people learn to think bigger, ignite their calling, impact their world and lead like Jesus.
Southview Baptist and SLU
In 2012, Southview made the choice to engage summer programs that brought a much deeper level of discipleship for our high school students. SLU proved to be the perfect partner to work with in complimenting the school year programs that were already in place as they call students to the same level of discipleship and growth that Southview expects.
While SLU in some ways replaces the typical summer camp experience for high school, it is not camp...it is a leadership training conference with four distinct levels. Our goal is to see our high school students embrace the call to maturity (living out the 7 marks of a wise person and being thoroughly grounded in the heart of God demonstrated through the 7 values); we have seen the evidence that SLU is a catalyst in this process!
Check out the links to information on how SLU and Southview interact...to learn more about the organization that is SLU, please check out their link!
SLU Code of Conduct
_The mission of Student Leadership University is to inspire and equip students to capture their future through leadership skills. Our programs are intentionally designed with excellence and unique experiences. In order to do so, we hold to a high standard of conduct for every attendee, regardless of age or circumstance. Therefore, those who are part of the program must agree to our code of conduct.
• SLU attendees may not use alcohol, non-prescribed drugs, illegal drugs or tobacco at any time during an SLU trip.
• Regardless of age, SLU attendees are expected to remain with the group at all times, with the exception of free time. Should free time become part of the itinerary, students are expected to stay in groups of 3. Regardless of age, SLU attendees are expected to conduct themselves in a manner of conduct that is consistent with a Christian testimony and the SLU leadership training, including their use of language.
• Program Participants should note that no clothing or clothing articles showing, referring to, stating, or implying anything to do with alcohol, drugs, profanity, or sex is allowed.
• Any student or chaperone not returning to the bus at the expected time of departure will be required to pay for taxi fare to the hotel, except in cases of emergency.
• Any student or chaperone who does not remain in the guidelines of the code of conduct, including set curfews, will be asked to leave the program and returned to their home at their own expense.
• Attendees are required to accept the curfew extended by the program, regardless of age.